The Hattiesburg Area Historical Society relies solely on the generosity of donors and the contributions of volunteers.
The opportunities that we've listed on this page are just a few of the many ways that you can make a difference as a Society volunteer.
Feel free to contact us if you'd like to join our efforts to preserve Hattiesburg's history and heritage. All inquiries are welcome.
- scan photos and print material for electronic storage;
- update files;
- check files for duplicates;
- updated collection lists.
- make and/or encourage donations of relevant items;
- assist in picking up donated items;
- assist in documenting, displaying and storing donated items;
- recruit new members and encourage current members to continue;
- solicit financial donations.
- check, clean, and/or repair permanent exhibit;
- create temporary and/or special exhibits.
- file information in correct file or subject notebook;
- check previously filed information;
- create new subject notebooks.
- inspect displays for damage;
- dust and clean rooms and displays;
- check accuracy of information and photos on display.
- suggest articles;
- research articles;
- write articles.
- suggest program subjects;
- write and/or present programs;
- contact speakers;
- provide publicity.
- separate materials and artifacts in stored boxes;
- label items with donor name and H A H S number;
- place materials and artifacts in correct storage;
- help move items to appropriate place.